Monday, October 10, 2011

Thoughts on the coming week...

I sit here in my hotel room, about to begin my 7th USDAA World Cynosport Games. Has it really been that long? I remember everything about my first USDAA Nationals. It still feels new to me, and every year I walk away with a new experience. Experiences that have changed my life in so many incredible ways, and I am so thankful for each of those opportunites. This year is Ty's last year to compete. He's 11 years old, and although his is still extremely eager to run, his hearing (lack there-of) will keep him from being competitive, and he will "semi-retire" to local trials only. It's a very sad realization for me. He's the only reason I'm still playing this game. He gave me the drive to go further... to be better.. to learn from others. I look forward to showcasing him this weekend. Showing off the amount of heart one little dog can possess. It's truly amazing the opportunities this dog has given me. He didn't take me to France, but he took me down some roads that many people do not get to travel, and he lead me to many lessons that I needed to learn. He introduced me to some incredible people, and he taught me how to win, how to lose, and how to just enjoy the ride. How can only 20lb pup teach so much ? He's amazing.

On the other hand, this will be Smack's FIRST National event. Wow. I can't even put words to how excited I am. I've been dreaming of this day for a LONG time. Again, it's not France, but it's special. I'm sure I'll step to the line tomorrow and all week with a dopey grin on my face, and then run my butt off. I love running my SmackAttack. It's a new feeling of accomplishment every single time we step to the line. He's the dog I have to have in my life. I could spend every second of every day with him. Can't imagine life without Smackers. He's just my goofy, dorky boy, and he's *awesome*.

And Tommy. How can you not love that little dude? I feel good about him this year. We just feel good together. (did I just say that?!) Lookout for Those DAM Jacks taking over ;)

Beaux Beaux is with me this year. He has been on FIRE at trials, so I'm *super* excited to show him off. When do we run snooker? can we just skip that one? I know I can do that :)

So, all of this way pretty random, but at least it's a blog post. I love my dogs, and all of the opportunities they've given me, and all of the journeys I have been on because of them. Life just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment