Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recap of CyCreek 5-6 Feb 2011

Whew! Haven't posted in a while, other than Ty's update.

Here's the recap of the AKC show last weekend:
Beaux --> 4/5, Open Fast Title. JWW Leg, 1 QQ (lots of MACh points) (all 1st place runs!)
Beaux was AWESOME, especially for not having worked with me in a couple of weeks. He was a super star, his only NQ was Standard on Sat... he took two bars down, which was weird, but hey... I'll take 4/5 ;-)

Tommy --> 2/5, MXJ Title, #2 AX Leg.... 3rd Place Jumpers, 1st Place Standard
Okay, so we didn't quite meet our goals discussed in a previous post. He took 2 bars (in std), and missed 2 seesaws (one in fast, one in std) SO, we still need to work on that.

Smack --> 0/5, BUT he had some FANTASTIC runs. Standard on Saturday (bummer I didn't get it videoed!) was incredible. He was focused, contacts were great, startline was great, jumping was amazing, turns were DEAD ON, however, he did something FUNKY with the tunnel and got a refusal. :( Jumpers on Sunday was also like this, but I pulled him out of the weaves (most would say "you hardly moved, he should have stayed in") which is true in most cases, but my dog is YOUNG and SPECIAL when it comes to my motion when he's in engaged in a non-turning obstacle. I did get video of that run:


Goals met: NO BARS DOWN!!!!! Yippee! This was HUGE for us!!!!
Goals not met: He broke one start-line :( I did walk him off.
Also, he did pop the weaves once, but I am going to say that I was not saying "weave"... Which I have found that I have MUCH more flexibility in my motion, if I support with a verbal.

So, that's it. That's how my weekend went. I'm happy. Of course, I would have liked more Q's. But he's TWO. that's it. Just two baby years old. So, I'm happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment